Thursday, April 10, 2014

Blog on Blogging (Logistics)

Okay! Busy week after a great break! What have I done for my 20-Time Project:

1) I commented on every students' blog. This. Took. A. Long. Time. But, it was cool to see how interested they are in their own project and the variety of topics out there. Some students have already made HUGE progress towards their goals and some are just taking the first baby steps. Either way...I can't wait to see what happens.

2) I had to figure out how to grade these blogs, so I talked with both classes and they agreed that points for completion of the blog was fine. They also said that it didn't matter if I read them each week because the whole world (well, just the U.S. and Germany) was reading it. I think they get that fact that I am not their only audience :) Goal met. Check.

3) Now I'd like students to form a small group of people they "follow"...well...is that right or is that a Twitter thing? I dunno. (BTW...I posted my first ever hashtag comment on Obadeh's site...apparently I did it all wrong #bummer) With this small group, students will read each other's weekly blogs and make comments. Maybe they can help each other...oh! Lightbulb...I should group them by their project topics so they can share and support each other. Now, I just need a spreadsheet (boy I LOVE to organize).

4) Lastly, I need to start piecing together my expectations for the Pitch. These ideas just HAVE to be shared with a larger audience. Our school should be celebrating this brilliance.

Thanks for reading. Let me know if you have any other suggestions!

3 comments:

  1. What is "the Pitch"? Haha, I noticed that it was in our schedule as well but I have no idea what that means?? :O #And #Obadeh #Is #So #Wrong, #You #Can #Hashtag #However #You #Want!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy -- a pitch is the public display of your work. You are going to have the chance to talk about your project with the rest of the school at lunch time. You'll have our own "booth" where you'll share what you're doing in my class with other students and interested adults. I will be pitching the pitch next week.

    ReplyDelete