Thursday, April 17, 2014

The Pitch

We are in the throes of posting and creating and doing our 20-Time projects. Now I'd like to talk to you about "The Pitch". Please visit the following link:

http://www.20timeineducation.com/20-time-template-series/the-pitch-20-time

Here you will find an overview for teachers on what "The Pitch" should be like. I am open to feedback about what you would like to see happen during our 20-Time Pitch Event, but here is what I'm thinking:

 1) It has to be a public event where we invite students, teacher, administrators, mentors and parents to attend, so maybe after school would work better.

2) At the event, you will need to bring both at visual display (video or tri-panel poster) AND an object (i.e. a prop, brochure, business card, etc), which will provide your audience with information about your project, your goals, and your plans.

3) You will need to ask questions, share ideas, and essentially "market" your 20-Time project.

4) We should maybe have a fun little competition to see how many blog comments/visits we get after the event to see how well you can advertise your blogspot :)

And, that's all I got... please post comments or questions for me about this or any other ideas you have.

Additionally, please take the polls located on my blogspot. This will help me decide where and when to host our event.

I look forward to hearing from you! Hope your 20-Time projects are moving along!

13 comments:

  1. I think the pitch is a good idea. I do think the pitch should take place during school hours otherwise it will be hard to get students to go. Other than that it sounds like a solid idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. May 5th-9th wouldn't work for most of us because of AP testing and mandatory Xanadu rehearsal (3:30-10:30!!!! like what even)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm. Is this in addition to a presentation we will do in class at the end of the project?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...however it isn't really a presentation. It is more like an innovation science fair. I'm looking at modifying the end of the year presentation to be something shorter due to our lack of time AND our number of students.

      Delete
  4. I like the idea of having the competition for how many blog views you can get after the pitch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh also, Christi and I were thinking about asking the library to host it on their loft thingy majigy on a weekend? They do displays a lot and I feel like they would love to help us with our projects.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pitch would be a good over view of our project and could be interesting to others. However, I believe it should take place during school hours because, a lot of people play spring sports or are in clubs and other activities that they have to commit to after school.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not a huge fan of the "marketing" aspect of the project; if the project is implemented for personal gain, then it shouldn't have to be justified or marketed to anybody.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank, Connor...perhaps the word "marketing" wasn't a good choice. However, the pitches are "marketing" learning and innovation, not your personal goals. They are showing to the world what can happen when people are given the time to become learn. I hope our discussion helped clear this up.

      Delete
  8. I agree with Connor. I think this should just be presented for the class like the IOPs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these thoughts! Thank you. I understand your concerns and the feedback was really helpful. I will get back to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I actually think that the marketing of the idea is rather good for us because it tells the world that we are truly interested in what we do, and what the world needs are dedicated people who are willing to do something new.

    ReplyDelete