Friday, May 2, 2014

20-Time Project Fair and Student Conferences

So many things have happened since the last time I've posted. I'm excited about the developments and proud to say that Ms. Bonotto and I have a date and time set for our 1st Annual 20-Time Project Fair. Here is what we've had to do to set this up:

1) We contacted tons of venues
2) We requested funds
3) We surveyed students
4) We planned together over the phone while picking up our kids and making dinner
5) We created an invitation
6) And we also talked about the strengths and weaknesses in our students' projects, which leads me to my next step...

Student Teacher Conferences:

The number one thing we've noticed is our students are losing motivation or haven't chosen topics that they are passionate about or projects that are meaningful. So, I'm trying a couple of things: 1) I am going to have students do a mid-way reflection to see if they feel they have a meaningful topic and 2) I am going to hold personal conferences.

But...

Conferences in my 6th hour have become time-consuming and troublesome to schedule during our 20-Time day. So far I have only met with 6 people (3 per hour). I thought I would be able to take notes and really ask for details, but it sucked up a lot of time. I need a new plan for conferences.

Also...still need to finalize plans on the final presentations.
Till next time:)

No comments:

Post a Comment